The Association of Disability Driving Instructors, helping people with physical disabilities, special educational needs and those with hearing difficulties. We also support the specialist driving instructors who will be teaching these people to drive for the first time and helping others to return to or continue driving after accident or illness.
- We are an independent, not for profit Community Interest Company (CIC) set up in partnership with the Forum of Mobility Centres (now Driving Mobility).
- Providing a “one stop shop” to help disabled people get impartial advice about how to start to learn to drive, how to return to driving after accident or illness and how to keep driving safely.
- Creating an easily accessible online register of specialist driving instructors.
- Helping specialist driving instructors develop their abilities by facilitating an ADI Training Programme relevant to the sector they are working in.
- Introducing an accreditation scheme backing up the training and education, to give evidence of driving instructors’ experience and expertise.